Thursday, May 17, 2012

I'm always up for a challenge,

So when Trobairitz asked


What's in your wallet (or something like that) I immediately dug into my pants and jacket to see exactly what I do carry around with me while riding.


Unfortunately, it turns out that I'm a piker in the "Put it in yer 
pock-et league".


First, the jacket.
In the Left pocket sits the garage-door opener.  Stopping, dismounting, entering the code, re-mounting, starting and driving into the garage is no fun.  I'm a push-the-button kind'a guy.

Even though I'm a righty, it's in my left pocket because I've learned that trying to push the button with one's right hand while holding onto the throttle, can produce some fascinating - albeit short - rides.

In my right pocket is my backup water spritzer - just in case my water bottle runs dry.

Although I'v shown my key, it really doesn't sit in my jacket pocket. Instead, I loop it around my belt and clip it to it's ring.  That way, I know it's not going anywhere.


As for my pants – well, on my left hip belt sits my phone, on my right hip belt resides my pedometer ( my BRW wants to see 10,000 steps each day - one of the wonders of being married to a nurse), followed - on the right side with my primary water spritzer.

My left front pocket holds my cash ( I never seem to have much in that pocket), while my right pocket holds my change - which seems always to multiply in adverse proportion to my left pocket contents. By the way, the coin on the left, kind of by itself, is a gold dollar, one of our county's big mistakes.  Someone figured that if you can carry paper money you can carry coin money, totally disregarding that ten bucks, even in one-dollar bills, weigh nothing.  Ah ha! Do you know what ten coins weigh?  Enough to keep you hitching up your pants every 3 or 4 steps.  Ah, well.

The right rear pocket keeps my handkerchief safe and sound.  I say safe and sound because no one can reach into their rear pocket while riding.

My left rear pocket holds my pouch - hand made by my BRW - within which resides my lucky rock and my "keep-safe" fetishes.  Important stuff.  Not that I'm superstitious - but I am a sailor, and we have our good luck items, without which doom and gloom with prevail.
Honest.

The red thingy is an RCA combination camera and video machine.  Unless it's February, or thereabouts (which in Maine, trust me, can be brutally cold) I usually wear chaps over my regular pants, and the camera snuggles into the pocket of my chaps.  Otherwise, it sits in my left jacket pocket.

So, that's it.  Not much, but Hey! Think of Agnes Martin, Frank Stella, Philip Glass and John Cage.

1 comment:

  1. You have quite the mix of items in your pockets. I like it.

    Thanks for participating. It is neat to peek into everyone's pockets.

    Don't you like the dollar coins? We lived in BC for years so we got used to them when the Looney then the Twoonie came out. Of course we had to get used to them as they discontinued paper money. Our change jar sure added up fast.

    ReplyDelete