Friday, December 14, 2012

Ah Ha!

A New Challenge!

What's in your Seat?

Okay then, under...

And, for those with Motorcycles,
What's in your bags (and all those other little store away places).

Don't mean anything that gets put in for a purpose, then removed....

We're talking here about the flotsam and jetsam and lagan of those deep, dark nooks and crooks – those Thingy's that never leave.

SO...


Here's what you'll find under my seat (scooter seat, that is)...

A small medical kit.
Won't do much in a "for real" situation, but for minor oops and stuff it's not too shabby.

Leather mitts and rag wool inners.
Stay warm and make a statement..... that's my motto.

Roll of paper towels.
Fog, dirt, snow, all sorts of yuck – never leave home without it.

Windshield cleaner and de-fogger.

Balaclava.

Tire pressure gauge.

Detailed, page, by page map of my home state.

Handiwipes.

Strobelight - from my yacht delivery kit.
This sucker POWS out a light that rivals the sun.  When it's flashing, everyone knows where you are.

Small bungee cords.

Kickstand supports so I need not pick my scoot up.

Handwarmers and candy.
(The warmers are a ploy to divert my BRW's attention from the candy).

Pen and pad.

Newspaper clippings that I find throughout the week for use on our weekly radio program. (The pile changes every week, but there's always a pile).

Waterproof map holder, from yacht delivery kit.
Holds blow-ups of routes that I cleverly plan so as to get Tom of Scooter By The Sea fame (and I) totally and beyond hope lost.

Okay.
That's it.

Now......

What lurks under your seat?

The games afoot!

9 comments:

  1. Hmmm, let me go check. Now that's winter, there will be more stuff than usual under the seat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, but no fair cleaning out before counting....

      Delete
  2. Wow, I feel like such a minimalist. Under my motorcycle seat is my Oregon State registration and tool kit and that is it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and we, who remember full well what your pocket contents were, fully understand the lack of material under the seat.....

      Delete
  3. Living if Florida the way I do I don't need much. I have a Suzuki Burgman so somethings are kept in the "glove box". More on that in a bit, but under the seat I keep my hooded sweater and a pair of sweat pants (for those cool rides home at night). My rain gear is there as well as a small toolkit and 3 or 4 bungee cords. Finally there is a small towel for wiping down the seat, etc. In the glove box I've got a second pair of riding gloves, a pack that contains my insurance cards, a small pad, 2 pens, a comb, a bottle of pain killers (I should get a small first aid kit) and finally a small flashlight that also doubles as a flasher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robert... Quite a collection. I like the small pad but 2 pen concept, and am jealous of only needing sweat pants for those cool nights.... That's what we wear on a warm summer evening!
      We looked at a 400 Burgman, but my wife felt like she was "way up and out there" riding pillion. It was also a bit much -- weight-wise for her.
      Any thoughts on that?
      Thanks for the list... it's always nice to see how other parts of the country are doing.
      Ciao...

      Delete
    2. My long term GF doesn't want to ride pillion with me, but its more due to a medical condition where she suffers from dizzy spells. She is afraid that she will have one while were riding and cause a spill. I have heard others say the Burgie seat seems high however.

      Delete
  4. Robert... Quite a collection. I like the small pad but 2 pen concept, and am jealous of only needing sweat pants for those cool nights.... That's what we wear on a warm summer evening!
    We looked at a 400 Burgman, but my wife felt like she was "way up and out there" riding pillion. It was also a bit much -- weight-wise for her.
    Any thoughts on that?
    Thanks for the list... it's always nice to see how other parts of the country are doing.
    Ciao...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A long list...
    Fairing pockets: Air compressor, visor cleaning stuff, registration, insurance card, parking decal, waterproof matches, VOM, spare tubes, patch kit, spare fuses, tire pressure gauge, flashlight.
    Under seat: Tool roll, small socket set, owners manual, spare bulbs (headlight, taillight, brake and turn signal, charge indicator), hand tire pump, cable lock, shop towel.
    Pannier: Rain suit, spare gloves, small first aid kit.

    ReplyDelete