Friday, April 25, 2014

Statistics, and Thoughts on One's Journey.

Distances Traveled Daily….. 450-475 miles.

Fuel Consumption….. 63 to 68 MPG.

Average Time in Saddle….. 14 to 16 hours/day.

Percent Enjoyment….. Immeasurable!

Things To Remember… Whether you think you can or you can't you're right.

You cannot discover new oceans if you won't lose sight of the shore… and... always do that which you cannot do, so as to learn how to do it.

Tomorrow, it's Florida or Bust… The end of the journey South…. Now to prepare for the journey North.

Hi Yo Piaggio, Away!

5 comments:

  1. Kudos to you Mike for riding this out. I'd hate to do that many miles a day for several days on my 650. I don't think I could unbend my knees to get off the bike.

    Safe journey. Did you make it to Florida yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Made it, as difficult as it is to believe. Last 2 1/2 hours at 80 fighting Semi's for part of the road. Tired today, but happy. But….. Did have major difficulties getting off the scooter.

      Delete
  2. Mike,

    You are indeed a brave old man! A tad off kilter, but filled with courage, touched by insanity. When you said you were scooting to Florida, I thought you were kidding. I am proud to call you "friend," and I will say that tomorrow on Speak Freely, where I will again be all alone!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Mike ... congratulations on the epic scoot. Your reflections along the way have made me smile and I'm looking forward to the new things you will learn on the trip north.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo Mike! Nicely done indeed.

    ReplyDelete